Friday Beauty Round Up: Green Tea Edition
Green Tea is a powerhouse antioxidant with myriad skin benefits:
- The antioxidants in green tea are soothing and protective
- The EGCG in green tea helps other skincare ingredients (such as Vitamins C and E) work more effectively
- Green tea may help reduce skin sebum, making it a wise choice for oily skin types
- Fights free radical damage that causes collagen and elastin to break down
- May significantly halt the glycation process
- Promotes collagen synthesis
Here are some of our top Green Tea picks:
This milky cleanser has a beautiful consistency. This really has a beautiful feel to it. Free of sulfates, this is a 97% natural cleanser made with coconut milk, green tea, and moisture magnet hyaluronic acid. This doesn't sting the eyes when removing makeup and is gentle enough for all skin types.
This is among my favorite shampoos. I use this once a week as a clarifying shampoo. It removes styling product build up without drying my hair. Fortified with Japanese green tea and honey, this is refreshing, gentle, and its gentle scent reminds me of the spa.
Definitely a splurge, this 100% natural balm from Tata Harper quenches dry skin, smooths the look of skin and adds a youthful glow. You can use this as a body mask or as an intense moisturizer. This balm is made with antioxidant green tea, kokum seed, shea butter, mango butter, borage seed oil, and more.
Homemade Green Tea Toner
And here is a recipe that I make in a pinch and have for almost 20 years! It is a DIY Green Tea and Vitamin C Toner. Will it be as potent as a really good, dermatologist-crafted green tea skin care product? No. But this is still lovely!
- Chilled green tea (one cup of tea made with distilled water)
- 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil
- a drop of vitamin E oil
- one crushed up 500mg vitamin C with rosehips tablet
- Shake really well. I store it in an amber or cobalt spray bottle and spritz on.
- Keep refrigerated and discard after 1 week.
As you know, I love a good cup of tea. I also am a Brand Ambassador for Rochester-based Tealightful, which is owned by my friend, Charlene. She blends the best green teas! Here is the complete selection of green teas: TEALIGHTFUL GREEN TEA. Are you new to Tealightful? Use my code KARLM10 to save 10% off your first order.
Looking for a recommendation? Try Me Thyme. Here are the ingredients: Certified organic green tea, apple, rosehips, orange peel, orange pieces, certified organic beetroot, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, rhubarb, apricots, certified organic thyme leaf, natural blood orange flavor, and natural guava flavor.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.